Cade Manning Hayes
Registered Architect: Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Utah
Originally from Carlsbad, New Mexico, it was the experiences of the Chihuahuan Desert that nourished his dreams and memories of place. He moved to Lubbock, Texas in 1997 to study architecture at Texas Tech University’s Master of Architecture program. Upon receiving his degree in 2002, he relocated to Tucson, Arizona, and worked as part of the design team of Studio Rick Joy for five years.
Cade has been one of the founding/managing principals of D U S T ® since its establishment in 2007. Each of the works shows a heightened sensitivity to place and the environment, expanding the discourse on lifestyle in harmony with the environment.
In addition to practice, Cade has served on national design juries, has been a visiting instructor at Texas Tech University, and has taught Land Ethics design studios and Material Fabrication courses at the University of Arizona.
Notable Project Experience
· Tucson Mountain Retreat – Tucson, Arizona
· Casa Caldera – San Rafael Valley, Arizona
· Wildlife Pavilion – Patagonia, Arizona
· Amangiri Resort and Spa – Canyon Point, Utah (under Studio Rick Joy)
· Desert Nomad House – Tucson, Arizona (under Studio Rick Joy)
· Adobe Canyon House – Sonoita, Arizona (under Studio Rick Joy)
· Tree House Residence – Napa Valley California (under Studio Rick Joy)
· Ventana Canyon House – Tucson, Arizona (under Studio Rick Joy)
· Bahia Balandra Master Plan – Baja California, Mexico (under Studio Rick Joy)
· St. Edward’s Chapel and Master Plan – Austin, Texas (under Studio Rick Joy)